Los Angeles is well-known for its contribution to the entertainment industry, and one of the most important jobs in the entire industry is that of an entertainment lawyer. Entertainment lawyers are responsible for negotiating contracts, protecting their clients’ intellectual property rights, and working with studios, production companies, and talent agencies to ensure that their clients get the best possible deals.
In Los Angeles, there are many entertainment lawyers, but some stand out from the pack. These lawyers have worked with some of the biggest names in the industry and are known for their expertise in the field. Here are just a few of the most influential entertainment lawyers in Los Angeles:
1. Ken Ziffren – Ken Ziffren is an entertainment industry veteran who has been working in the field for over four decades. He has represented luminaries such as Oprah Winfrey, Tom Cruise, and Clint Eastwood. Ziffren was instrumental in getting the California Film and Television Tax Credit program passed, which has helped keep the entertainment industry in California.
2. Skip Brittenham – Skip Brittenham is the co-founder of Ziffren Brittenham LLP. He has represented major studios like Disney, Marvel, and Lucasfilm. Brittenham has also been involved in some of the biggest mergers and acquisitions in the entertainment industry, such as the acquisition of Marvel by Disney.
3. Kenneth Hertz – Kenneth Hertz is the founder of Hertz, Lichtenstein & Young LLP. He has worked with many high-profile clients, including Justin Timberlake, Shakira, and Ashton Kutcher. Hertz is known for his expertise in branding and marketing, and his firm specializes in providing legal counsel to content creators across all media platforms.
4. Bryan Freedman – Bryan Freedman is a litigator who specializes in entertainment law. He has represented clients like Charlie Sheen and Pierce Brosnan, and he is known for his aggressive approach to litigation. Freedman has also been recognized for his work with survivors of sexual assault in the entertainment industry.
5. Nina Shaw – Nina Shaw is the founding partner of Del Shaw Moonves Tanaka Finkelstein & Lezcano. She has worked with clients like Jamie Foxx, Laurence Fishburne, and Lupita Nyong’o. Shaw is also known for her advocacy work in the industry, fighting for issues such as diversity and gender equality.
These are just a few of the many influential entertainment lawyers in Los Angeles. Their expertise and dedication to their clients have helped shape the entertainment industry as we know it.