As the election season heats up, it can be difficult to keep up with all the political news and opinions out there. Fortunately, there are many excellent politics podcasts available that can help make sense of the issues and give you insights into the candidates and their campaigns. Whether you’re a political junkie or just looking for some informative and entertaining listening, these are some of the best politics podcasts to check out:
1. Pod Save America: Hosted by former Obama administration staffers Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett, and Tommy Vietor, Pod Save America offers a left-leaning perspective on the week’s biggest political stories. The hosts are funny, insightful, and well-connected, and the show features interviews with politicians, journalists, and policy experts.
2. The Daily: From The New York Times, The Daily is a daily news podcast that covers politics, current events, and culture. Hosted by Michael Barbaro, the show features interviews with Times reporters and experts, and provides in-depth analysis and commentary on the issues of the day.
3. 538 Politics Podcast: From statistical analysis website FiveThirtyEight, the 538 Politics Podcast offers data-driven insights into the election season. Hosted by editor-in-chief Nate Silver and other FiveThirtyEight staff, the show delves into polling data, prediction models, and the latest news from the campaign trail.
4. The Weeds: From news website Vox, The Weeds is a wonky and informative podcast that dives deep into policy issues, from healthcare to taxes to education. Hosted by Vox editors Sarah Kliff, Ezra Klein, and Matthew Yglesias, the show aims to explain the complexities of policy in an accessible way.
5. NPR Politics Podcast: From National Public Radio, the NPR Politics Podcast provides a wide-ranging look at the election season. Featuring interviews with political reporters from across the country, as well as analysis and commentary from NPR journalists, the show covers everything from campaign finance to foreign policy.
6. Politically Re-Active: Hosted by comedians W. Kamau Bell and Hari Kondabolu, Politically Re-Active offers a lively and irreverent take on politics. The show features interviews with activists, writers, and comedians, and explores the intersection of politics and culture.
7. Left, Right, and Center: From public radio station KCRW, Left, Right, and Center offers a balanced and thoughtful look at politics from across the ideological spectrum. Hosted by Josh Barro, Rich Lowry, and Elizabeth Bruenig, the show features guests with a variety of political views and aims to encourage civil dialogue and understanding.
Whether you’re looking for in-depth analysis, lively debate, or just a little humor to lighten the mood, these podcasts are sure to keep you informed and engaged throughout the election season. So plug in your earbuds, hit play, and get ready to dive into the world of politics.