As the pandemic continues to keep us indoors, streaming services have become our savior. And Amazon Prime is no exception. The streaming platform has added a plethora of new movies this month, and we have rounded up the best ones for you.
1. Sound of Metal: Sound of Metal is an emotionally powerful drama that follows a drummer who loses his hearing. The film features a vulnerable and compelling performance by Riz Ahmed, who portrays the musician struggling to come to terms with his new reality.
2. Uncle Frank: Directed by Alan Ball, this film is a heartfelt and poignant drama that follows the titular character as he confronts his complicated past during a family gathering. Paul Bettany delivers a magnificent performance, making it a must-watch film.
3. Sylvie’s Love: Tessa Thompson and Nnamdi Asomugha star in this captivating romantic drama that follows a young couple who falls in love during the 1950s in New York. It is a feel-good movie full of romance, jazz, and stylish fashion.
4. Chemical Hearts: Based on the novel Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland, this film tells the story of two teenagers who become unlikely friends despite their differences. Starring Lili Reinhart and Austin Abrams, the movie is a beautiful portrayal of first love and heartbreak.
5. One Night in Miami: This historic drama directed by Regina King takes us back to the 1960s and imagines what might have happened if Muhammad Ali, Malcolm X, Jim Brown, and Sam Cooke had spent a night together. It is a thought-provoking film that explores important issues such as race and identity.
6. Greenland: Looking for a thrilling disaster movie? Look no further than Greenland. This Gerard Butler-starrer follows a family trying to navigate their way to safety amidst a catastrophic event that threatens to wipe out the planet.
7. My Spy: This family-friendly film tells the story of a CIA operative who is tasked with keeping an eye on a young girl and her family. But things don’t go according to plan, and the operative finds himself in a compromising position. The movie has its share of action, humor, and heartwarming moments.
8. Unhinged: This edge-of-the-seat thriller starring Russell Crowe showcases what happens when a man who has nothing to lose goes on a rampage. The movie is a tense ride that keeps you hooked until the very end.
In conclusion, Amazon Prime is overflowing with new movies this month, and these eight films are definitely worth watching. So, grab some popcorn, snuggle on the couch, and get ready for an exciting movie marathon!