The music industry has always been a battleground for new talents to break out and make a name for themselves. It’s always fascinating to see how the current trends in music will shape the next generation of stars. As we enter 2021, we are excited to see what fresh new sounds and artists will emerge. Here are some musical artists to watch out for in 2021:
1. Arlo Parks – British newcomer Arlo Parks has been dubbed as the voice of her generation with her introspective lyrics that tackle mental health and the struggles of growing up. Her debut album “Collapsed in Sunbeams” has received critical acclaim and has been named one of the most anticipated albums of 2021.
2. Olivia Rodrigo – Best known for her role in Disney’s High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, Olivia Rodrigo has already made waves in the music industry with her debut single “Driver’s License”. With her honest and relatable songwriting style, Rodrigo is poised to become one of the breakout stars of 2021.
3. Pa Salieu – The Coventry-based rapper of Gambian descent is making a name for himself with his unique blend of British rap and West African musical influences. Pa Salieu’s debut mixtape “Send Them to Coventry” has been praised for its raw and unfiltered depiction of life on the streets.
4. SZA – Although SZA is not a newcomer to the music industry, she has been lying low for the past few years. However, with the release of her latest single “Good Days”, fans are eagerly anticipating the release of her highly-anticipated sophomore album.
5. Black Country, New Road – This seven-piece band from London has been causing a stir with their genre-bending sound that draws influences from post-punk, jazz, and classical music. Black Country, New Road’s debut album “For the First Time” has already received rave reviews and has been named one of the most exciting new bands to watch out for in 2021.
6. Celeste – British singer-songwriter Celeste has been dubbed as one of the most soulful voices of her generation. With her timeless sound reminiscent of classic Motown, Celeste’s debut album “Not Your Muse” is set to release in February 2021.
In conclusion, these are just some of the musical artists to watch out for in 2021. With their unique sound and poignant lyrics, these artists are sure to break new ground and make their mark in the music industry. As fans, we can’t wait to hear what they have in store for us.