In recent years, political podcasts have become an increasingly popular way to stay informed and engaged with current events. With so many different viewpoints and perspectives out there, it can be hard to know where to start when it comes to finding the best political podcast for your specific interests.
To help you out, we’ve put together a list of some of the best political podcasts out there, organized by political perspective from left to right.
1. Pod Save America: Hosted by former Obama staffers Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett, Dan Pfeiffer, and Tommy Vietor, Pod Save America offers a progressive take on current events, with a particular focus on national politics.
2. The Rachel Maddow Show: The podcast version of MSNBC’s hit show, The Rachel Maddow Show provides in-depth analysis of the day’s news from a liberal perspective.
3. The Intercept: This podcast from investigative journalism outlet The Intercept covers a range of progressive issues, from government surveillance to climate change to racial justice.
4. Democracy Now!: Democracy Now! is an independent news program that offers coverage of underreported stories and progressive viewpoints.
5. Majority 54: Hosted by former Obama Administration official Jason Kander, Majority 54 aims to help listeners understand complex political issues and how they affect people’s daily lives.
1. NPR Politics: NPR’s politics team provides in-depth coverage of national politics, offering a balanced perspective with a touch of humor.
2. The Daily: The New York Times’ daily podcast provides a concise, 20-minute overview of the day’s news from a centrist perspective.
3. Left, Right & Center: Hosted by KCRW’s Josh Barro, Left, Right & Center features a rotating panel of experts who debate issues from a range of political perspectives.
4. Pod Save the World: Another podcast from the Pod Save America team, Pod Save the World focuses on international politics and foreign policy from a centrist perspective.
5. The Ezra Klein Show: Ezra Klein, the founder of Vox.com, interviews experts and policymakers across the political spectrum to provide a nuanced perspective on current events.
1. The Ben Shapiro Show: Conservative commentator Ben Shapiro offers his take on the day’s news, with a focus on constitutional conservatism, free markets, and individual liberty.
2. The Andrew Klavan Show: Hosted by author and commentator Andrew Klavan, The Andrew Klavan Show covers politics and culture from a conservative perspective.
3. The Dan Bongino Show: Former Secret Service agent and Republican politician Dan Bongino provides a conservative take on current events, with an emphasis on debunking progressive narratives.
4. The Federalist Radio Hour: Hosted by The Federalist’s editors and writers, The Federalist Radio Hour covers politics and culture from a conservative/libertarian perspective.
5. The Daily Wire: The Daily Wire’s podcast network offers a range of shows from a conservative perspective, including The Ben Shapiro Show, The Andrew Klavan Show, and The Matt Walsh Show.
No matter where you fall on the political spectrum, there are plenty of great podcasts out there to help you stay informed and engaged with current events. Whether you’re looking for a progressive perspective, a centrist take, or a conservative viewpoint, there’s a podcast out there for you.