Football, also known as soccer, is the most popular sport in the world. It is played by millions of people around the globe and has produced some of the most talented players the world has ever seen. One of the ways to measure a player’s greatness is by the number of goals they have scored in their career. Breaking records is not an easy feat, but some football players have managed to set the standard and surpass all expectations. Here are the top 10 football players with the most goals of all time.
1. Lionel Messi: Messi is widely regarded as one of the greatest footballers of all time. He has scored a record-breaking 735 goals in his career so far, surpassing the previous record set by Pele. The Argentine superstar has spent his entire career at Barcelona, where he has won numerous titles and accolades.
2. Cristiano Ronaldo: The Portuguese forward is Messi’s closest rival when it comes to goalscoring. With a total of 674 goals, Ronaldo has broken several records during his career, including the most number of goals scored in a single season in the top five European leagues.
3. Pele: Considered by many as the original GOAT (Greatest of All Time), Pele’s record of 643 goals was broken by Messi in December 2020. Pele’s career spanned over two decades and he is one of the most celebrated players in football history.
4. Romario: The Brazilian striker is a two-time FIFA World Cup winner and has scored a total of 623 goals in his career. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest strikers of all time and has played for some of the biggest clubs in the world.
5. Gerd Muller: The German striker is a legend of the game and has scored a total of 568 goals in his career. He won numerous titles with Bayern Munich and the German national team, including the 1974 FIFA World Cup.
6. Ferenc Puskas: The Hungarian forward is one of the most successful goalscorers of all time. He scored a whopping 556 goals in his career, including a hat-trick in the 1960 European Cup final for Real Madrid.
7. Josef Bican: The Austrian-Czech striker is a lesser-known player but is considered by many to be the most prolific goalscorer of all time. He scored an incredible 805 goals in his career and his record is yet to be officially recognized by FIFA.
8. Eusebio: The Portuguese forward is one of the most celebrated players in the country’s football history. He scored 552 goals in his career and led Portugal to a third-place finish in the 1966 FIFA World Cup.
9. Ferenc Deak: The Hungarian forward is another lesser-known player but was one of the most successful goalscorers in the 1940s and 1950s. He scored 576 goals for Ferencvaros and the Hungarian national team.
10. Uwe Seeler: The German forward is a legend of the game and scored a total of 575 goals in his career. He played for Hamburger SV and the German national team and is the first player to score in four FIFA World Cup tournaments.
In conclusion, breaking records is not an easy feat, but these football players have managed to set the bar high and surpass all expectations. They are the legends of the game and their contribution to football will be remembered for generations to come.