As the entertainment industry evolves, public relations firms play an increasingly important role in shaping the narrative around celebrities, companies, and events. An effective public relations campaign can make or break a project, and having the right team on your side can make all the difference. With that in mind, here are ten top entertainment public relations firms to watch in 2021:
1. PMK-BNC: Part of the giant global communications firm, Interpublic Group, PMK-BNC is a powerhouse in the entertainment PR world. With offices in Los Angeles, New York, and London, they represent some of the biggest names in film, television, music, and sports. Clients include Jennifer Lawrence, Chrissy Teigen, Viacom, and Universal Pictures.
2. Sunshine Sachs: Known for their commitment to social-justice causes and environmental activism, Sunshine Sachs has built a reputation as a progressive and forward-thinking PR firm. Their impressive client list includes Leonardo DiCaprio, Emma Watson, and Ben Affleck–along with environmental and social justice organizations like the Clinton Foundation and Greenpeace.
3. 42West: Based in New York and Los Angeles, 42West is one of the largest PR firms in the entertainment industry. With a focus on film, television, and streaming content, they represent A-list talent like Jennifer Aniston, Lady Gaga, and Denzel Washington, as well as major studios like Paramount and Warner Bros.
4. Rogers & Cowan PMK: A merger of Rogers & Cowan and PMK*BNC, this powerhouse firm is another major player in the entertainment PR space. With a focus on branding, media relations, and social media, they represent celebrities like Kevin Hart, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, and Michael B. Jordan, as well as media giants like ABC and Disney.
5. ID PR: Founded in 2000 by Kelly Bush, ID PR is a boutique firm that emphasizes personal relationships and individualized attention. Their client list includes a mix of A-list actors and directors, as well as up-and-comers in the film and television world. Some notable clients include Charlize Theron, Julianne Moore, and Ryan Coogler.
6. WME: The William Morris Endeavor agency is one of the biggest talent agencies in the world, and their PR division is just as impressive. With offices in Los Angeles, New York, and London, they represent some of the biggest names in entertainment–including Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon, and Drake.
7. The Lede Company: A newer player in the entertainment PR world, The Lede Company was founded in 2018 by Amanda Silverman, who previously worked at 42West. Despite its relative youth, the firm has already made a name for itself, thanks in part to its impressive client list. Recent additions include Dolly Parton, Issa Rae, and Pharrell Williams.
8. Slate PR: Founded by Stephen Huvane in 2002, Slate PR is a full-service PR firm that has represented everyone from Brad Pitt to Meryl Streep. They pride themselves on their ability to navigate thorny issues and help clients maintain their privacy, while still getting positive media coverage.
9. The Initiative Group: A London-based firm with a global reach, The Initiative Group represents some of the biggest names in European and American entertainment. Clients include Benedict Cumberbatch, Emily Blunt, and Eddie Redmayne, as well as major studios like Fox and Warner Bros.
10. DKC/O&M: With offices in New York and Los Angeles, DKC/O&M is a full-service PR firm that specializes in the theater world. Their client list includes Broadway productions like Hamilton and Dear Evan Hansen, as well as talent like Lin-Manuel Miranda and Bette Midler.
Whether you’re a celebrity, a studio executive, or a social justice organization, finding the right PR firm can make all the difference when it comes to achieving your goals. With a mix of established giants and innovative up-and-comers, these ten top entertainment PR firms are definitely worth keeping an eye on in 2021 and beyond.